Phoenix Psychic gives 6 Internet Tools for Successfully Marketing Your Holistic Business!
Gratefully, I am able to say that I get to do what I love for a living. One of the questions I get asked a lot is “How do you advertise and market your business?”
In this day and age, the internet is the holistic business’s best friend. Everyone uses it, you can access it anywhere at any time, and the reach is unlimited.
My philosophy is – “If you want to have a successful holistic business, you have to make yourself known online.”
Throughout my many years doing business in Phoenix, I have found what does and doesn’t work through a lot of trial and error.
Here are my 6 online must do’s when marketing your business if you want to succeed.
1) Website –An attractive AND well written website is a must! This is not only the beginning of everything but the most important step in this process. This is your greeting to your client for the first time, your hand shake if you will.
(I know if you are just starting out you might think that you don’t want to spend a lot of money for a website so you’ll try and use a free one and worse yet- write it yourself.)
This will NOT help you, it isn’t enough because it won’t look professional nor will it sound professional.
Think about it…Why would a potential client want to spend their hard-earned money on your product or service if it is not presented in a professional or articulate manner? THEY WON’T. Believe me – my first website looked like a team of drunken monkeys made it. It wasn’t pretty, but it was cheap. And no, it didn’t help me get any business!
I love my website now! It is professional and well written while remaining very reflective of my personality. I always get compliments on it AND most importantly I get a lot of business from it! It is exactly what I wanted and then some at a very fair price from – 1079Creative.com.
2) Directories – Adding your website to the appropriate directories can bring you a lot of traffic and potential clients. The keyword here is ‘appropriate.’ It would not be productive to add your massage therapy site to Jack’s Log Cabin directory. The directory should be relevant to your work or the field your work falls within.
For me as a Psychic Medium, I’ve found Bob Olson’s Psychic Directory to be very helpful. I even pay to have a listing on this one because it not only comes up on the first page of Google, but it is a professional site that is very specific to my area of expertise.
There are also incredible directories that you can join for FREE with an option to pay for a featured listing spot.
Within the Facebook/holistic realm, Myintuitivelifestyle is a great community to join. Not only is it FREE but these folks post and tweet about their followers daily!
3) Social Networking – Facebook & Twitter are not just for bored people or teenagers. Having a Facebook Business Page allows you to keep in contact with clients on a daily/weekly basis. This is a forum to share your schedule, new offerings, inspirational quotes, videos, press releases and blogs. Twitter offers you a way to share bits of information on a very large scale.
At first it can be slow going but if you are consistent with sharing relevant information, these sites can be an invaluable asset in marketing your business! Check out my Facebook page to get an idea of what it will look like.
4) Blogging – Blog writing is a great way to encourage people to visit your site. Each person and business has experience and knowledge. What a beneficial tool– blogs can help your website in the search engine rankings AND offer insight that people may otherwise not have available to them. It is a win, win!
The more the merrier is definitely applicable when it comes to blogging. Of course as long as the blogs offer the reader something and is entertaining, otherwise why would they want to readit? You will find that you will get a lot more views on your blog if you read other people’s blogs and comment on them too.
Want to check out a blog? Click here to read my blog and see if I have Elvis on speed dial!
5) YouTube Videos – Investing in a video about your business, products or services can also be immensely helpful. Again, as it is with websites, it is important to present a quality video. It would not be beneficial to have 10 shoddily made videos in lieu of one well crafted one. You can hire a design company to create one at a reasonable price considering the amount of potential clients you could reach on YouTube. Personally, I’ve found it much more lucrative than adverting in papers, magazines or online classifieds. Watch a video about the services www.rickywood.net offers.
6) Get Help – It may be that when first starting out in your business you may not have the budget, but when you do hire someone. In the interim you could even trade with them. You will be much more productive and happy if you are doing what you are good at and letting someone else do what they are good at. Look if you are charging 60.00 an hour as a massage therapist and you could trade a one hour massage for 3 hours of them blogging or tweeting for you, do it! You are making out because it is saving you two hours of work (keeping in mind of course that they have writing and/or social media experience).
Enjoying your work as a successful and thriving holistic business owner is definitely possible. If you use these 6 tips to market your business you will see an increase in traffic to your website as well as increased interest in your product or service.
Love what you do, make your presence known, and be consistent and before you know it you will be doing what you love for a living!Rick Wood
Ricky Wood, a Philadelphia Pennsylvania native and current Tempe Arizona based Psychic Medium, Life Coach, has been professionally offering his services for over sixteen years. Sought after on a national basis from a diverse clientele, Ricky has shared his unique abilities with people from all types of professions, including but not limited to: doctors, lawyers, judges, engineers, photographers, actors, and all types of businessmen and women.
You understand that once Rick Wood provides services to you, his fees are Non-Refundable. Fees are not dependent upon actual or perceived results and no specific outcome is in any way promised.
If you cancel an appointment on less than 24 hours notice, the fee is deemed fully earned by Rick Wood having held the time available for you and is non-refundable. If you cancel an appointment on more than 24 hours notice, Rick Wood will reschedule your appointment at a mutually convenient time however there will be no refund unless request for appointments canceled more than 24 hours notice.